Carpenter

My life is made better by association with all you folks in here. I know we all share a background in doing the work, so I thought I'd say a little something in spirit of the holidays..........

Jesus wasn't a carpenter because he couldn't find another job. He chose it because it's the coolest thing there is.

FTR, I'm not a Christian. I'm a Carpenter.

My life is made better by association with all you folks in here. I know we all share a background in doing the work, so I thought I'd say a little something in spirit of the holidays..........

Jesus wasn't a carpenter because he couldn't find another job. He chose it because it's the coolest thing there is.

FTR, I'm not a Christian. I'm a Carpenter.

Well said.

I agree about Jesus, however I am both a Carpenter and a Christian.

Just foolin' around with wood is a joy. My barn is full of wood scrap (some as small as 1'x2') that just having available, makes me feel good. Many of you know the feeling that a scrap of wood can "cause". The small piece of cherry that would make a dandy duck call or a piece of cottonwood with a slight green tinge; just right for a box. Both pieces have been waiting for 15+ years to realize their potential!

I've been a little bit of many things over the years. Home inspection is a part time gig for me. My main source of income over the last 25 years has been a Rural Letter Carrier with the USPS.

As far as religion is concerned, I'm not totally sure where I stand but Karma has taught me lessons. Is Karma from Buddhism? I do believe that if you have something to follow that serves you well, it's a good thing for you. Each has to decide what works for them.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help and friendship. I wish you all the best in the new year.

As a long time carpenter I appreciate Kurt's thinking.

Lately most of my woodwork has been out in the woodlot felling, sectioning, splitting, and hauling oak for the woodstove. Have had some bad luck with pinching/hitting my left thumb, which nail turned green in October and is now about halfway grown back out.

Never a Christian but have always enjoyed comparative studies, most recently Carl Jung, whose writing has really knocked me back on my heels and set me to some very deep thinking.