electronic agreement signing

I'm still stuck on printing my agreements and having them signed at the inspection. I like the reliability factor of doing it this way. But I'm also looking for a way to buy less ink.

Are you using an electronic means for securing a signed agreement? Which program or service do you use and how well does it work with the public in general? Pros and Cons?

Thanks.

Adobe Document Sign (formerly Echo Sign). Been using it for a few years, and am very happy with it. You upload your inspection agreement as a Word document, then insert the form fields that get filled out as well as initial and signature fields. Make sure to create a little extra space in the Word doc first to accommodate the form field boxes that you drag into place, and make the boxes big enough for multiple names, email addresses, etc.

Usually my office assistant sends the agreements, she has full access to it, so we both get an email notification when the agreement is sent out and when it gets signed.

She monitors it closely and bird dogs clients who don't sign promptly. You can send reminders from the web interface.

Signed at the inspection on my Surface Pro 3 with a digitizer pen using with Microsoft Word with ink tools. Then printed to PDF to attach to the report.

One of these days I'll upgrade to an online agreement. Still working on being comfortable with that.

I also still carry a couple of blank printed copies for "those times."

For years, I used Adobe Acrobat to make my own form-fill documents ala Ken M that my client and I could sign onsite with a signature pad/electronic pen but that disappeared when my Windows laptop got replaced with a MacBook. There's no signature pad that works with MacBook yet, so I'm back to signing forms on paper then scanning so I can store/Email. Not totally happy with it because the file size is so large but that's all I can do for now.

Several professionals familiar with Apple devices have told me that you can indeed sign with signature pad on a Mac but none have panned out.

For other documents, sometimes I'll use Adobe Digital ID, which doesn't use a signature pad but I don't favor it.

Marc

I use my HomeGauge report software for online signature. You enter the info only once because the agreement is part of your report. I send the agreement the same day the inspection is scheduled.

I can block access to the report until the agreement is "signed" when the customers clicks "I Agree". An ISP address and time stamp are recorded. If you wish you can receive a notification when the agreement is signed.

You will love online inspection agreements. No paper or ink and you have proof that the agreement was delivered for review before the inspection. Plus being able to answer any questions about the agreement before the inspection is good business.

I e-mail my IA to the client. They print/sign/scan/e-mail back to me and I save in their folder on my HDD.

I will print out the signature only page and have with me just in case, but usually I'm about 85% or better in getting them in the way I noted.

I used the electronic signature deal for a bit as well, but I'm not into the recurring cost for as few inspections I do.

Presently using Docusign, sent out a few minutes after the inspection is booked. It works pretty much flawlessly.

We like the idea of giving the customer plenty of time to read and understand the agreement well in advance of the inspection. It makes the agreement stronger and gives the customer plenty of time to back out if he or she is uncomfortable.

Thanks for all the replies.

I like the reliability of hard copy so I'll always keep them on hand in my vehicle. I also email the agreement to the client as soon as the appt is booked.

I would like to find a way to have my PDF agreement for inspections on my iphone. Then, have the client sign the agreement on the iphone screen onsite.

I don't have office help to chase down people who dont sign web based agreements. I still like the reliability of having them sign onsite. But if I can find a way to make my current PDF signable on iphone, that would be great.

Thanks for all the replies.

I like the reliability of hard copy so I'll always keep them on hand in my vehicle. I also email the agreement to the client as soon as the appt is booked.

I would like to find a way to have my PDF agreement for inspections on my iphone. Then, have the client sign the agreement on the iphone screen onsite.

I don't have office help to chase down people who dont sign web based agreements. I still like the reliability of having them sign onsite. But if I can find a way to make my current PDF signable on iphone, that would be great.

Turns out you can do it. I just tried it. You'll need Adobe Acrobat Cloud for $15/mth to fill out and sign, but you'll need Adobe Acrobat XI on your computer for about $440 (a subscription might be available for it) to make the fillable form. Learning how to use it is a bitch.

If you're interested in the Adobe Acrobat Cloud, I can make the form for you (I have the Adobe Acrobat XI), just send your contract over. It's only a few hours. Check if a trial is available on the AA Cloud so you can see if you like it.

I don't know how to handle the cloud feature of Adobe yet and don't know how to Email the signed form back to my MacBook.

Marc

I did a little research. I've Adobe Acrobat Pro XI on my MacBook which I use to create the fillable forms. It's about $440. Have to have it to make the forms.

If you can get the fillable forms made for you, all you need on your phone is the Adobe Reader. The latest edition of it is still free and it can fill out and sign your fillable forms.

It can also Email the completed/signed form back to your laptop for your records. You don't need the DC (document cloud) service from Adobe, either on your MacBook or iphone. It's not necessary. Adobe products can be a bitch to comprehend.

That's it. I don't favor signing on my iphone though, too small. I'll get an ipad for that.

Marc

I also have them sign a hard copy at the inspection.

I do the same. Email confirmation that they have received the agreement and signed agreement at the inspection

NJ Regulations require that they client receives the agreement more than 24 hours before the inspection or within a day of booking the appointment (whatever is longer). This allows them time to read the agreement and they cannot claim that it was signed under duress.