No Batteries

reminds me of a notation on a window at a convention center in San Diego.. "This is glass" (or something like that)... ..

I guess we need some others:

On Pants: "ZIP UP FLY AFTER DONNING GARMENT"

TOILETS: "FLUSH WHEN ARE DONE UTILIZING THIS FIXTURE"

CARS: "DON'T NOT EXIT THE VEHICLE WHILE IT IS MOVING"

ELEVATORS: "ONLY PASS THROUGH DOORS IF AN ELEVATOR CAB IS PRESENT"

Reminds me of a high end texting pager I bought years ago. The first thing in the instructions was a warning not to eat the batteries. The second was a statement that if you ate the batteries, call the National Battery Ingestion Center, or something like that. I had no idea eating AA batteries was such a problem.

Reminds me of a high end texting pager I bought years ago. The first thing in the instructions was a warning not to eat the batteries. The second was a statement that if you ate the batteries, call the National Battery Ingestion Center, or something like that. I had no idea eating AA batteries was such a problem.

I like my AA batteries with Franks hot sauce.

I like my AA batteries with Franks hot sauce.

They say you can put that .... on everything!

I was traveling with my family in Europe this past July. My 19 year old son made an observation that most places we went make the assumption that people have common sense and that people are responsible for their actions. Darwin at work.

Case in point.. We were in St Petersburg on a boat tour through narrow canals and the boat barely fit under the bridges. If you did not duck your head, your head would be damaged (if not removed). In the US there would be someone on the boat advising everyone to duck at every bridge and a waiver to sign before you boarded the tour. In Russia if you hit your head on the bridge it just would not happen to you again.

You know Steven, that's very accurate.

I went on a couple of boat tours in Chicago when I was up there to pick up my grandson from his class back in August.

On a couple of the bridges that were a bit close, there was the tour guide telling everybody to watch their heads and not stand up while we went under the bridges.

A few summers ago, the Dave Matthews Band tour bus decided to do a surreptitious dumping of the holding tank through those metal grated bridge decks.....right onto a tour boat that had the ignominious timing to be right under the shit cascade.

I think they just settled it this last summer......so be glad you only got a warning about not hitting your head...

I was traveling with my family in Europe this past July. My 19 year old son made an observation that most places we went make the assumption that people have common sense and that people are responsible for their actions. Darwin at work.

Case in point.. We were in St Petersburg on a boat tour through narrow canals and the boat barely fit under the bridges. If you did not duck your head, your head would be damaged (if not removed). In the US there would be someone on the boat advising everyone to duck at every bridge and a waiver to sign before you boarded the tour. In Russia if you hit your head on the bridge it just would not happen to you again.

The US has more lawyers per capita than any country besides Greece. Lawyers have to make a living.

That said, we have better toilet paper than Europe.