My own house inspection

1) Stay, and ask the inspector if he has any questions before he even sets down his equipment.

2) Ask him again after he sets down his equipment.

3) While he's trying to go over the agreement with the buyers and get organized, stick you head in the room and ask everyone if they have any questions.

4) As he starts inspecting, explain that you're staying the whole time in case he has any questions.

The spouse and I went over this a while back. I made it clear what the problem was: In Louisiana, seller must disclose any issues they are aware of on the house, and nobody knows our house like I do, so handle the sale yourself and don't dare mention my name to anyone, not even at closing. I'll just sneak in to put my John Hancock on the papers then disappear without a word.

Marc

When I sold a 315 year old house w/multiple additions, the inspection was just a bit over 1.5 hours. It included home, termite and septic with all reports printed on site.

As the seller, the only item I had to correct was ordering a piece of insulated glass for a big window under warranty.

May your experience be that easy.

Put a mousetrap in your wife's underwear drawer. After she gets dressed.

What made you think of that, Fabry?????

Two things-I caught a farm helper going through my wife's delicates. And I saw a kid's dirty magazine stash booby trapped with rat traps at the top of an attic scuttle. I always wondered if he booby trapped it or his mother did.

Two things-I caught a farm helper going through my wife's delicates. And I saw a kid's dirty magazine stash booby trapped with rat traps at the top of an attic scuttle. I always wondered if he booby trapped it or his mother did.

For some reason I picture this image as the two of you have this conversation.( only because it is such a silly subject).

Click to Enlarge
20151020191418_image.jpeg

80.75?KB

For some reason I picture this image as the two of you have this conversation.( only because it is such a silly subject).

Click to Enlarge
20151020191418_image.jpeg

80.75?KB

Yeah, that's about right! LOL!

I don't think it's a good idea to hassle the HI. Some may be vindictive. Snotty sellers make me move like a snail.

Not that you mean anything, but I left during the inspection.

It's everything; packing/de-cluttering/staging to sell, keeping house spotless for showings, fixing stuff I don't care about but that will help sell the house/make inspection go well, buying a new place, changing all biz and personal info, switching utilities, leaving nice neighbors, stressing a 37-year-old marriage, yadda yadda yadda

It's over-whelming to say the least.