Accessible Panel

Mark P

Good comment Marc.

Now ... would I re-locate the firepower to open the panels for viewing?

Nope! No pun intended, but I'm getting more and more 'gun-shy' in today's sue-happy society.

I would take an image, put in the report and advise that 'safe access' to be able to remove the panel covers for observation was not possible at the time of my inspection.

I'd move a broom or a mop, but not a gun. In this situation, I'd probably see if I could get the realtor or the owner to move it.

I usually just say something like, "I can't inspect the [blank] because something is in the way, but if I check back in a few minutes and it's not there anymore, I can do it."

That's worked at least a half dozen times.

I'd shoot my way in, set up a defensive perimeter, blow the panel cover with C-4, check for double taps, then disappear into the jungle covering my tracks with booby traps.

Kurt,

You set me up and I could not resist!!! [;)]

Click to Enlarge
tn_201672022336_boobytraps.jpg

17.87 KB

Now that is what I'd call a bobby trap.

Rifles or shotguns, who cares?

What Jim said. Grip them by the end of the barrel and don't let them ever point to your head or fall.

Every house in Cajun country has at least one gun. A friend I helped to move last week had 18.

Marc

I thought that would get a variety of responses depending on one's background and location. There was no realtor or seller at the home. Just me and the braless lady from Brazil who was buying the home, which may seem irrelevant, but take my word for it, nothing about her was irrelevant. Anyway, my first reaction was to not move the guns and have the seller move them so I could inspect the panel when I came back to pick up the radon equipment. However, after pondering it for a few minutes I decided to just move them.

I recently had a way-top-heavy loaded flimsy wire caddy of some sort full of home canned jellies, pickles, etc that stood about six ft tall, 'tween me and the panel. Luckily there were occupants around, and I signaled them and kept moving. Later, they had somehow moved it w/o busting a single jar.

I don't care, I was just maintaining the asshole puckered insistence on technically accurate and precise terminology use on the forum. Someone was going to point out they weren't rifles, so I figured I would.

Just move the stupid guns. Any moron that would leave his weaponry in that casual a manner won't notice if they've been moved a couple inches.

Theeennnnn shoot your way in, set up a perimeter, blow the panel cover, etc.....

They're not rifles.

Thanks for the correction. I'd be a lousy gun inspector.

But you'd stay alive. [:-magnify

Kurt, you nailed it, careless gun owner won't notice squat. I see shotguns, but the tech term up here would be 'long guns' which covers the whole range of hunting rifles and shotguns. I think.

Now what about the top-heavy client? [:)]

• 2 weeks later...

Just me and the braless lady from Brazil who was buying the home, which may seem irrelevant, but take my word for it, nothing about her was irrelevant.

This is one of the best sentences I have read in a long time.

I'm glad to see some sense come into this thread. I would ask permission to move them if someone was around, but otherwise I would carefully move them (I grew up around shotguns and rifles). I though about posting that sooner, but was not looking forward to being called an idiot.