Sayings that have greatly influenced your life

"Know everything about something, and something about everything." - Jake Robbins, one of my brick foremans.

"You get what you want as you help others get what they want." - Zig Ziglar

"A journey of a thousand days, begins with a single step." - unknown

"Iron sharpens iron, and so one man's countenance sharpens another." - Proverbs

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." - Jesus

"If you don't have "your word", you have nothing. - My dad and thousands before him I'm sure.

"And, remember boys and girls, don't put off til' tomorrow what you can do today." - Pick Temple (a cowboy kid's tv show host.)

"There's always more than one way to skin a cat." - unknown

"Lead, follow or get out of the way!" - unknown

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The beginning of Wisdom is Fear of the Lord" (some guy in the OT)

"Forgive them father, for they do not know what they are doing" (which was probably actually said=="Forgive 'em Dad, they're too stupid to know what is going on..."). (Jazzed-up by some English Bible interpreters?). The Man/JC

"Never have so few done so much for so many" (Or something like that). I.E. You gotta shed blood to protect the family. (Churchill re: RAF during Battle of Britain)

"..It's a friggin' meat-grinder" (Uncle Eddie re: Viet Nam). (Uncle Eddie was a Peleliu USMC squad leader as well as an OKI squad leader). WW2.

"Never Assume Anything" me---after all these years doing what I do.

"The Excellence of the Gift of Love" quote from the Bible (NT). Love is patient, kind, etc.

My 2 cents.

"Get up every morning and put on your boots, like you're going to work"- Frank Costanza (a friend) when I couldn't find a job in the mid 80's

"There's a difference between a lump in your oatmeal, and a lump on your breast"- Robert Fulghum

"The happiest people I know, are the people I don't know so well"- Dennis Prager

"No big deal, we'll all be dead in 50 years"

-Chris Prickett

"I may not be much, but I'm all I think about"

-Bill Wilson