Tool Vest

randynavarro

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw,

Lighten up, Guys. He'll get over it. Every new inspector has gadgetphobia. He'll get over it just like the rest of us did. Six months from now the vest will be in the truck and he'll be carrying just a clipboard and a flashlight and digging into a toolbag for this tools.

OT - OF!!!

M.

• 1 month later...

Cargo shorts and/or pants, Duluth Trading vest(looks like a fishing vest),Mag ring and I'm good to go. Job boss tool bucket for the other stuff. Keep the ladders,long termite sticker,water testing rig,hose, and extra radon kits in the van. I think it is important to have, close at hand, the technical meters/probes/etc. just in case you, the inspector, need a more specific reading. It scares the stuff out of RE people and civilians if you pull out the expensive "must have HI toys" as you are rolling thru the house.

Works for me.[:-banghea

No shorts. Ever. I have to protect my legs. Leg model, you know.

Red Wings, jeans, no shirt. (Hmm, why am I not busy?) Fanny pack for car keys, band-aids, pens, cheapie elec. tester. For attics and crawl I use 2 fanny packs for camera, moisture meter and other small things.

Tool belts hurt my back so stay away from them during inspections. I think a vest would hurt my back too.

I carry a bucket around with me with the apron. I pulled everything out for the photo. My camera is a $90 Kodak 2 pix I've had since 2003 and I like it fine.

Image Insert:

20071015114515_Bucket.jpg

157.87 KB

One thing I forgot to include was my magnifying glass. Since I had lasik, I can’t see a thing. My real estate referrals are way up, though.

I test floor drains by pouring a bucket of water down them. All of them. If I am lazy or it’s not practical, I throw in couple of cups of water and see if the trap water rises. That's one reason I got the cup.

I see if the water and ice on the fridge works. I “testâ€

• 3 weeks later...

Not being self conscious about trivial matters or giving a hoot for what anyone thinks about cosmetic issues, I have three tool vests. Each has different features, just like tool belts and other similar creations. They wok quite well as long as they are organized with the proper tools. My favorite one is one that is commonly used by professional photographers. Army surplus stores have a variety but they can get expensive. Fishing vests are too limited.

Here is a good one.

http://www.shushans.com/travelvest.html

• 4 weeks later...