What are these pipes for.

The pipes where found in the yard. Does anyone have an ideal what they may be for?

No other pipes where found.

It looks kind of like a valve and a vacuum breaker for a sprinkler controller. The one on the right is the cap on the vacuum breaker on the one on the left is the valve. Was there an irrigation system?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

The pipes where found in the yard. Does anyone have an ideal what they may be for?

No other pipes where found.

It looks kind of like a valve and a vacuum breaker for a sprinkler controller. The one on the right is the cap on the vacuum breaker on the one on the left is the valve. Was there an irrigation system?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

No irrigation system

Fueling nozzle for ther Hercules ICBM hidden under the back yard.

OT - OF!!!

M.

As a kid I remember passing numerous NIKE sites: http://allthingsclevelandohio.blogspot. ... ssile.html

Although as a kid I thought it was pretty cool I now realize how tense things were and how really close we truly were to the "edge of the cliff".

Anyone remember practice drills in school and hiding under your desk? I do.

Fueling nozzle for the Hercules ICBM hidden under the back yard.

OT - OF!!!

M.

I did not find the place it was hidden at. It may of been under the storage building in the back
Well, it being Alabama, I'm sure there are few old Hercules hidden away up in Huntsville someplace. One of those good 'ol boys probably snuck one home and tucked it into a silo under the tool shed just "in case."

OT - OF!!!

M.

Fueling nozzle for ther Hercules ICBM hidden under the back yard.

OT - OF!!!

M.

As a kid I remember passing numerous NIKE sites: http://allthingsclevelandohio.blogspot. ... ssile.html

Although as a kid I thought it was pretty cool I now realize how tense things were and how really close we truly were to the "edge of the cliff".

Anyone remember practice drills in school and hiding under your desk? I do.

Yeah, I do. The danged penguins (the nuns) would smack us with a blackboard pointer if we so much as allowed one square inch of ur body to project from beneath the desk/chair. I remember thinking that if the Ruskies invaded I was going up on Rattlesnake Mountain and holing out in one of the caves until the war was over.

I think the lawn sprinkler explanation is the most plausible.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Spent some time on the Hercules and Hawk sits in south Florida way back in the mid 70's. It was an interesting time.

My home for one out of every three days for a year and a half!

My desk just never seemed to be big enough to get my ass under way back in the late 50's early 60's.

Sometimes it amazes me that we survived all that we did way back then!

-

My desk just never seemed to be big enough to get my ass under way back in the late 50's early 60's.

I used to be so small that when I was still in junior high the basketball team used to grab me, form a circle in the hall and toss me around like a medicine ball. Talk about being humiliated!

Somewhere around 10th grade I began a big growth spurt. For a brief period in 68 I hit 6ft.; then I wrecked my car and crushed 4 vertebrae in my back and went backward a little bit. 3 years later, I broke my left femur in two places; and, because my left leg was then an inch shorter than my right, I went back to just under 5'11" for a lot of years. Now, after 40 years of walking around with that short leg and screwed up back, I'm a little shy of 5'10". If I keep going at this rate, the tall guys in the retirement home will probably form a circle and I'll be used as a medicine ball again. Come to think of it, since I keep letting my belt out again and again, they probably won't be able to lift me and will use me for a pilates ball instead.(Sigh).

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike