The Green Fallacy

First off, there is general (though not unanimous) agreement in the scientific community that Global Warming is real and human activity can affect it.

Sorry Jim – You’re on the wrong side of objective facts (again).

Jim doesn't need any help but more for my own curiosity.

Please point out where Jim has been on the wrong side of the "objective facts" before. Objective is a very loose term - objective in whose view?

There is NOT general agreement in the scientific community that GW is real. There is general agreement in the Hollywood community, in the Democratic Party and on The Left – but the general agreement in the scientific community is that there is NO SUCH THING as Global Warming

Not one credible scientist? Really? None at all?? It's just Hollywood, the Democratic Party and on "The Left"??? Really???? Not one educated "non-Hollywood" degreed person thinks there might be something to this?

Sorry mate, I hate to tell you this, Al Gore is not a scientist.

Please include, in a post in this thread, where Jim Morrison said that he thought, or stated, that Al Gore was a scientist.

Cheers!

Caoimhín P. Connell

Forensic Industrial Hygienist

www.forensic-applications.com

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

I would typically take this off the air but you misspelled "supercede" Caoimhín in your reference to professional advise. It is spelled "supersede" - cuz I thought you'd might like to "know".

For those following along - Google Strawman arugement.

Ya gotta love a good lively debate - pity it doesn't involve beer and cigars. That would make it a perfect debate.

Caoimhín

Just answer the questions Caoimhín, I'll buy the first round of Cigars and Cognac at it's conclusion.

We will start with this one about Jim Morrison:

I'm sure you have numerous examples.

did either of you look it up? now I have to do it!

Lol.. well no, I just followed Chad's link, but I had noticed a few weeks ago, via my spell-checker that I had been spelling it wrong for too long.

However, according to Funk and Wagnals (formerly of Rowan and Martin's Laugh In fame), it is spelled " S U P E R S E D E " No other spelling in the dictionary apparently.

And, for the record, I'm not piling up on anyone, especially not Terry. I was beginning to wonder what had happened to him and glad to see someone found his button. [:-monkeyd

Hi Terry –

Just answer the questions Caoimhín, I'll buy the first round of Cigars and Cognac at it's conclusion.

OK – but you won’t like it.

Please point out where Jim has been on the wrong side of the "objective facts" before. Objective is a very loose term - objective in whose view?

“Objectiveâ€

First off, there is general (though not unanimous) agreement in the scientific community that Global Warming is real and human activity can affect it.

You didn't answer the question Caoimhín

I specifically asked you to reference past posts/threads where, as you stated, that Jim was on the wrong side of the objective facts (again). Shouldn't be hard to do. If you accuse him of this you must have specific memory's/examples of this readily at hand.

We will start with this one first.

I hate to tell you this, Al Gore is not a scientist.

Cheers!

Caoimhín P. Connell

Forensic Industrial Hygienist

www.forensic-applications.com

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

This is from another one of your post Caoimhín:

"I hate to tell you this, Al Gore is not a scientist."

By this statement you infer that Jim, somewhere along the line, made reference to Al Gore.

To the best of my recollection Jim never mentioned Al Gores name. Please show us where Jim had mentioned Al Gores name, in reference to "global warming" prior to "outing" him as an Al Gore lover.

If you can not show me/us where Jim used Al Gores name in this reference then it is truly a Strawman argument as stated prior.

Hi Terry –

OK – but you won’t like it.

“Objectiveâ€

OK, I've been parsing, sides are drawn, the poles clearly delineated between combatants. No one's budging, near as I can tell.

Do we need to go further?

Ya, ya we do Kurt.

Sometimes we need to go head to head with those that expound based on idyllic gain but not necessarily the truth. Sometimes your idols don't hold the flame test albeit they instill what you want/wish to believe.

I would typically take this off the air but you misspelled "supercede" Caoimhín in your reference to professional advise. It is spelled "supersede" - cuz I thought you'd might like to "know".

Well, the green argument aside and to be fair, I think you are both right on this one.

Caoimhín comes from the other side of the pond where they spell our center as centre, where they spell our mold as mould, etc.. According to my dictionary, supercede has been commonly used to supplant supersede since the 17th century - the 1600's for you folks that have a hard time figuring out how far back that goes - when we were part of the British empire. Supercede is still commonly used in writings today, though some still think it's wrong; kind of like stable and stabile.

That means that "supercede" has been used about a hundred years longer than we've been a nation and been able to call ourself "Americans" as opposed to calling ourself British subjects.

When I have time and the inclination, I'll often correct misspellings in the posts of folks before they get commented on. However, when it comes to our Canadian and British Isle brethren, I leave well enough alone.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

OK, I've been parsing, sides are drawn, the poles clearly delineated between combatants. No one's budging, near as I can tell.

Do we need to go further?

Caoimhín is supposed to be our resident scientist and he made some pretty extraordinary claims based on an article he read in the (tee-hee-hee) London Daily Mail. He has yet to back those statements up or respond to direct questions.

So, yeah, I think so.

Save your cigars and beer, Caoimhín. I'll just have a few facts, if it's not too much trouble.