Fenix TK15

John Dirks Jr

I've been using the TK11 and love it. I wanted to get a second one for backup but decided to try the TK15 instead. I think I'll use the 15 for my primary, move the 11 to the briefcase for backup and remove the Ultra Stinger from the briefcase and donate it to the wall near the back door of my house.

The TK15 is only slightly longer than the TK11 and uses the same batteries that I already have. It puts out more light and the beam is more of a flood when compared to the 11. The 15 has the 4 position intensity adjustment button on the side which is nice.

I though the 11 was the end all but I think the 15 is better now. More light in a much wider pattern. Just what I need in crawl spaces and attics.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101220204557_P1100398.jpg

58.43 KB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all need to check out the TK45. I got it a couple of weeks ago. It's like the sun!

I think the TK45 might be too bulky for many of us who are used to the smaller TK11. Also, the extra light capability is really overkill for what we need.

Now if I was into search and rescue, that would be a different story.

The TK45 is bigger than the TK11, but smaller than the Ultrastinger or D cell mag light, which most of us had been using up until 1-1/2 years ago(+/-) when the TK11 came out.

As far as the extra amount of light goes, you're wrong. There is no such thing as too much light when you're moving through an attic or crawl space.

I took the 11 and 15 out when walking the dog last night. The 15 is wider and brighter and this is very noticeable at distances less than 100 feet. When looking beyond that, It's hard for me to tell the difference. I know the 15 has more light but the spot nature of the 11 makes it seem as good at farther distances.

At 50 feet, the 15 would light up an entire pine tree with no discernible spot. The 11 would light about 25% of the same tree at 50 feet.

Hi Kiel,

From what I've read on this forum, I believe that all of us are running re- chargeable batteries.

Opinions in regards to the best batteries and chargers vary-- just check out the Candlepower forums for a ton of info.

I bought what was cheap at the time, and those 2 batteries are the same ones I started with. I've never run out of power on a job, so I can't tell you how long the batteries last, just that they last a long time.

Kiel,

Ultra Fire rapid-charger (does two cells)

I bought two Tenergy 2600 mAH cells with the charger/TK-11 well over a year ago and all are working fine.

Have not had any failures at all.

Will be adding the TK-15 to the kit before too long. As noted above one can't go wrong with more light, almost same size flashlight AND using the same batteries.

I have a StreamLight Strion, which put all my bulky 1 - 1.5 Mil candle lights out to pasture. It's extremely expensive for something that rests in the palm of your hand, but is astoundingly bright. Are these TKs even brighter? Less expensive?

I have a Strion that once served as a backup for an Ultrastinger. The difference between a Fenix and a Strion is pretty much akin to the difference between a Ferrari and a Prius.