Home Inspection Advice

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here my take:

People are different. Home inspectors are different, some are good home inspectors but bad businessmen, some are the other way around. Some HI's are stuck up (like a removable or unremovable blockage in a sewer pipe), and some are not.

I would rather work with a HI like Charlie or Marc. Simply put, they have the aptitude, patience and the openness to educate a customer who demands good work. Like Marc rightly indicates, I am flexible and easy to convince with a rational argument. I do not have the patience to deal with folks with the attitude of teenagers whatever their skill level might be.

I am in a profession that is a part and parcel of homes. Before I posted here, I had made a fairly detailed inspection (in my opinion) of the home that I will make an offer on; having spent many hours reading books and watching a DVD. I have found a maintenance supervisor and a HI who will gladly pre-qualify the home before I sign the purchase agreement. I will have to spend a couple of hundred dollars for this work and I believe that it will help me make an offer with confidence.

good. glad you are happy. What kind of work do you do? Hmmmmmmmmm, didn't answer that one.

Your post is way more telling than you think. Likely your new inspector will work well with the maintenance supervisor to completely protect you.

This is a record. Katen did not post one time. He is smarter than Kurt, Charlie and me.

good. glad you are happy. What kind of work do you do? Likely your new inspector will work well with the maintenance supervisor to completely protect you.

Unlikely, I now have to deal with the real estate agents. [:-party] Some of you are like Russell Crowe playing John Nash (a teenage John Nash) in the amazing movie, A Beautiful Mind.

I hope this interesting thread does not get deleted.

This thread bores me . . .

Get off the PC then.

Argumentative? 1st reason why I wouldn't want to work for you.

[:-thumbu] There is no smiley for applause. I know someone who works for GM with a bunch of union workers. He will enjoy your take on this.