What is this 6" blue pipe buried in front yard

normw

I saw quite a few houses in certain neibourhoods in Vancouver with this 6" blue pipe buried flush in front yard with a cap secured by 2 screws, usually not too far from water main shut off. Almost all new builds with this pipe. Below are two pictures of different houses under construction. I have no idea what it is and don't know if I need to write it up. Any one has any experience with this [:-banghea

Thanks in advance for your help.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif blue_pipe.JPG

152.07?KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif blue_pipe2.JPG

195.58?KB

home604.com

Do the downspout receivers drain to the city storm sewers? It looks like it might be a cleanout used to clear the drain in the event too many leaves from gutters get washed into that system and clog it.

When I see something like that, I just walk over to one of the workmen and ask, "Hey, what the hell is that pipe out there?" You'd be amazed what you can find out by asking a builder's crew questions.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Norm, are you color-blind? That pipe is green. As mentioned, those are for cleanouts or access and they can be either storm drains or sewer hookup.

There is nothing to write, unless you are actually inspecting the drain system.

I called one out about a month ago, because they left it sticking up out of the lawn about a foot. I said to trim it down so the people can run the lawnmower over it. Somebody actually went back and did it. [:)]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I knew this guy once who was following a really slow car at night. There came a straight section that was double yellowed, but good viability so he passed. Halfway through the pass there was a cop on the left facing the opposite direction. The cop spun around. The road was windy along a river and there were oncoming cars. The guy just put the pedal down while the cop couldn't pass and was waiting for a Captain Kirk moment. As the guy went around a long left hand sweeper with the hill on his left he made a quick U-turn and came back oncoming as the cop flew around the corner. The guy ditched out for about 10 minutes then got back on route. Another 5 minutes down the road the cop was coming back, saw him, spun around, and pulled him over. After a 5 minute tongue lashing and the guy saying little the cop said he knew it was him cause he is driving the same blue car. At that point the guy said his car wasn't blue, it was green. The cop looked baffled as he pointed his flashlight on it again, proceeded with two more minutes of tongue lashing and left without writing a ticket. The guy had a teal colored car! I'm amazed I can remember that guys story so well.