How Much Would You Pay to Paint a Kids Bedroom?

Mark P

This was a typical size kids room in a forclosure I inspected today. I was told that the previous owners paid $5000 for this one room to be painted. Granted it is very well done, air brushed I think, but it makes me wonder if they spent that sort of money on a paint job, where else did they spend/waste money and maybe if they have been more carefull the house would not have been in foreclosure.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20111172234_20111107_22.jpg

35.61 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201111722348_20111107_25.jpg

55.24 KB

These are the same sort of questions which have been raised in previous posts about foreclosures. The bottom line is that some people lose their home due to circumstances out of their control such as job loss, but some people simply spend more than they should.

Obviously, I don't know the case here, but I suspect the latter.

I did a home several years back in Mississippi that had Winnie the Poo and friends. It even had a fiberglass tree that grew out of the corner of the room the limbs formed a canopy over the bed, no telling how much that thing cost! It was in a repo home as well, but the owner lost the house because it was seized by the FBI/SEC/IRS. The former owner was an ousted World Com (Bernie Ebers company) executive, not one of Mississippi's finer moments.

It's a tough man who doesn't overspend on his daughters.

Sounds like ya know of what ya speak. I gots three of 'em. Just drove to Tennessee to inspect a home the middle one bought (with the help of Scott P). How many ya got?

Two in high school. They both had to have new dresses for homecoming. Their cousin's dresses were not good enough. Ugh. I am weak.

• 3 months later...