which pattern

John Dirks Jr

The layout depicted is not to scale but I wondered which way you think looks better. The option is whether to have the tile above the accent laid out staggered or squared. The accent border will run through the middle of the shower area.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1220924.JPG

1567.6 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1220927.JPG

1608.12 KB

little bit of drift - I am having(trying) a bath done right now. We have fired three tile layers, one plumber and two framers. The problem is we thought out of the box.

Not one tradesperson in this area had ever heard of a 1/4 radius on ceramic tile!!

It nearly caused a riot when I specified a 54" drop in tub!

They, every tile setter, refused to lay tile over wet set electric heating mats! That must be a three step process, contrary to mfg's specs!

Grout lines smaller than 3/64" will cause blindness!

etc...........

I made a decision to not do all the work on this project and have learned that was a poor decision. If I get some extra time I'll post some photos.

We wanted and demanded simple and got heart burn.

John,

If a future buyer doesn't like it, he or she can always change it. So what if others don't like it - they aren't the one's who're living there. It's your house and you're the one that's going to have to live with it and look at it every day. If you and your frau like one of those two designs, go for the one you like the most.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

John,

If a future buyer doesn't like it, he or she can always change it. So what if others don't like it - they aren't the one's who're living there. It's your house and you're the one that's going to have to live with it and look at it every day. If you and your frau like one of those two designs, go for the one you like the most.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Mike,

Sometimes when you are wrapped-up in a design you need an objective outside opinion. It is not unusual for one of us to design something and show it to the other people in my office and they say it really sucks. Upon reflection, the objective opinion is usually right. I am assuming that is what John was asking for. Of course it is his own home and he can do what he wants. I hope we did not offend him with our honesty.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

No offense taken at all. The opinions got me thinking and plans have changed. I can tell you this; for her and I to come to a conclusion that we both agree upon, it's a big thing.

Now, would I tell her I'm coming here to ask for opinions?.....hell no. I appreciate the support and opinions I get here but on my home front they remain incognito. Otherwise, she would nail me as being influenced by others every time we have a disagreement.

We're moving slowly forward. [;)]