Sign in to follow this  
Chad Fabry

A little help please

I'm presenting at KREIA this fall and I need to do 3 hours on report writing. Truthfully, I could probably find enough material in my own reports (both good and bad) to use, but it'd be way better if some of you shared a report or two with me.  I have a lot of confidence in this group's abilities and skills. 

I will cleanse your content and redact any identifying information for both you and your clients. 

If you would, please send them to me chad@structuresmart.com 

If you think it's too much trouble, think about about me... I have to read home inspection reports from people who are likely to be better writers than me.

It might be constructive to base a portion of it on a writing style.  It doesn't have to be a fully developed one, the framework will do.  You'd have to create it, it's not in existence yet, AFAIK.

Another portion could be the SOP requirements in regard to written reports.  See Kentucky Revised Statutes 198B section 706 (13).  I did that recently for the Louisiana SOP.  Took about an hour.

Edited by Marc

There are 3 sample reports on my website. A $60k house, a $160k house, and a $460k house. Actual reports for real clients, names and addresses already scrubbed. 

Clearcreekhomeinspection.com