agfischer Posted April 8, 2010 Report Share Posted April 8, 2010 We are in the process of buying a home that we knew had a mold problem. We were told the mold was due to a leak roof that was repaired in 2009. We were not initially too concerned and were willing to purchase with the anticipation of having the mold removed prior to moving in. However, now we are having second thoughts as we have had more of an opportunity to look at the mold and to research the issue. We are concerned that (1) the mold could create structural issues (2) there may be even more mold than we see but we can't cut open the walls to assess this since we don't own the home and (3) we have a one year-old and while we're not of the "Mold=Death" mentality, his well-being is without a doubt the highest priority for us. And I've included some photos of the worst spots and was hoping that someone might be able to offer some advice as to how difficult it would be to remove (one company quoted us 8k to remove) and ultimately, whether it would be foolish to purchase a home with this magnitude of mold. Any help, suggestions greatly, greatly appreciated! http://www.flickr.com/photos/49096743@N ... 682287447/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.