The TIJ story

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I remember Mike calling and talking about it, and me going "uh huh". The first couple weeks, it was basically Mike posting, and me going "uh huh". Then, I did a "report" from the ASHI conference. Jimmy and Katen showed up in there somewhere between reports, then Fabry poked in green as a grasshopper. Erby and a bunch of the "old timers" showed up around the same time.

It's the only continually useful inspectors forum.

It just does not seem like it has been that long. Was that the IW in Austin that had the killer show band at the gala?

I'm not releasing the rights to my story unless Denzel Washington plays my character. Only he can mirror my depth and intensity.

He's expensive, but I have a plan: Instead of Nick Cage, we can save a few bucks by having the part of Bill Kibbell played by an 'Old House' search engine.

And Jerry Mathers as Brian Goodman.

Yes, it's a great story. So you'll all be happey to hear that casting has begun for "TIJ - The Early Years" to be directed by Martin Scorsese.

Things are still in flux, but here's what the cast list looks like so far:

Mike O - Michael Chicklis

Mike B - Brad Pitt

Rose - Julia Roberts

Chad - Brad Garret

Kurt - Christopher Walken

Jim K - George Clooney

Jim M - Tom Hanks

Les - Sean Connery

Mark C - Robert DeNiro

Bill K - Nicholas Cage

Scott P - Woody Harrelson

Douglas - Robert Duvall

Walter - Tommy Lee Jones

They're sticking mostly to historical accuracy, but they'll be adding a character, played by Emma Thompson, who has a steamy affair with Jim K.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

OK, fine! I see why, in order to keep it a family film, my part needs to be played by a woman. At least Emma is also British. Still, Jimbo, I can't say it doesn't hurt just a bit. [:-eyebrow

Damn, bitches. No fair. I want to be in the movie.

You need a newer member to provide perspective on how things began and got better as the years rolled by. At the end of the movie, you can SLAM CUT to the present and demonstrate how someone like me is benefitting from all of your hard work.

C'mon, please?

I was a little disappointed w/ Brad Garret because I didn't know who he is. Then I googled him and now I'm seriously bummed out because even I can see that I look like him. What I can't understand is how the hell did I ever get dates? Even more perplexing... how did I get my wife to marry so far below her potential?

Thanks to Katen for shattering my 50 year old self image. Another great day at TIJ. I'm going to put on a bag now and go buy some Malbec.

Buscemi? Only if he's stayed in shape. Keanu? He'll do, too, since there likely won't be much speaking for his character.

Chaddo, I'm not really into men and how they look or anything. But you don't resemble that guy Garrett, so don't be so quick to pull out the Malbec, whatever the hell that is.

And good riddance to most of them. I do miss Brian Goodman's posts, and of course, Mitchell Captain. Most of the rest of them are gone with good reason.

Jimmy

When I returned here, one of the first things I did was shoot Les a message asking what happened to Brian. He was so good natured and always ready to provide a laugh or pun or something that put a big smile on your face. I really miss him.