Testimonials

Mike Lamb

I think about 1/2 the sites I have looked at by y'all have a testimonials page.

About a month after I inspect I ask everyone if they were happy, etc. with my inspection and if they would refer me to others. Most reply with nice things to say about my work.

Does anyone know that their testimonial page helps?

Mike,

Like Rob I ask each of my clients for feedback. Some do ... MOST do not. For now there is also a hot URL for them to click and answer the inspector feedback questions from ASHI. I get a system e-mail indicating that someone has filled out the survey, but most don't even bother with that. Not a big deal as I'm not sure what that does for me anyway and it does not appear that I'm renewing my ASHI membership this fall.

Those that do I add to my testimonials page.

As for it making a difference ... would not be able to gauge that at all.

At the very least it does cause me to make some changes to my website and I figure that is a good thing as the web spiders like to see change on one's website.

I get a bit of feedback. I use them to let other customers know what past customers have said.

Post on facebook, my website, etc.

Some customers look for them.

Here's a recent one I added on Facebook.

As first time home buyers, we wanted to make sure we choose a quality inspector who would work diligently on our behalf. After calling many inspectors who wouldn't go on roofs or in crawlspaces, we finally decided on Erby. He was very thorough in his inspection, and wanted us along on every part of it. He never made us feel rushed, or like we had stupid questions, but rather spend time explaining how things worked (or how they should work), what kind of fixes we were looking at, and helped us to differentiate major problems from minor ones. He went on the roof, into our attic and into the crawl. We left feeling like we had a complete inspection and will definitely recommend Erby in the future.

How can you not love that!

-

I get a bit of feedback.

That's a good one, Erby. What's missing now is the full size pic of you with your big screwdriver. [:)]

Testimonials are positive responses from satisfied clients, and that is a good thing.

Like most people, I wish I would get more e-mail replies, just a simple "Thanks, I got it." would be cool.

I'm a horrible salesperson. "You don't want to buy my widget? Then you're an idiot, and I'm not going to waste my breath talking to you because I have better things to do with my time."

Which, of course, is a dopey approach. But I am who I am.

I DO have a page of references on my web site, along with several more on my FB page, and then there's Angie's List. As discussed recently in Marc's web site thread, people want to make some sort of personal connection. If there are names and faces who are saying nice things about you, it works to your benefit.

I called the people on my web-site reference page and asked if I could use their names. Of everyone I phoned, only one was a non-responder. The gaggle of kind words on FB helps, too. I don't know why, but few people automatically like my page, despite the brief invitation to do so in my e-mail signature. But, sometimes I ask, and people typically sign on.

I DO get positive feedback from people who have checked out FB or my reference page. Like lots of other things we can do, there's really no downside. How could having references or testimonials hurt?

I do try to get feedback from my customers with some very limited success. In reading this thread and thinking about it, (I've been known to do that) I wonder if it's not more important just to have attempted to solicit feedback (makes them feel like you're really interested, and I am) than to actually get it.

I kinda feel like no feedback can be positive and maybe a future referral while the really feedback motivated people are most often the ones who think they have a gripe or are discontented with their home inspection. Complainers may not outnumber everybody else but they are far more vocal.

Glad I haven't had to deal with them yet.

I kinda feel like no feedback can be positive and maybe a future referral while the really feedback motivated people are most often the ones who think they have a gripe or are discontented with their home inspection. Complainers may not outnumber everybody else but they are far more vocal.

Ya know? People do tend to spread stories of bad experiences faster and farther than good ones. Nobody ever says, "hey wait til I tell you how good this guy treated me," do they? Who wants to hear about that? No drama there. It's human nature. It's why the the six o'clock news exists.

If your doing the job you should be, there's no reason to worry about it. If your hearing any negative feedback at all, weed out the legit from the B.S. but, make sure you don't ignore it. You should learn and improve from it.

I do try to get feedback from my customers with some very limited success. In reading this thread and thinking about it, (I've been known to do that) I wonder if it's not more important just to have attempted to solicit feedback (makes them feel like you're really interested, and I am) than to actually get it.

I have heard this before " a happy customer tells no one ( or at least very few ) and an unhappy customer tells twenty people! " no idea if there is any validity to that but I know I tend to tell my freinds about the unhappy experiences more so than the happy ones. I guess it is a warrning to them.

I created a free survey on Surveymonkey and email out the link after the inspection and report, and it is completely confidential, which I believe leads to more honest answers. Been doing it over a year and really like it. I have a portions where they can add comments and feedback and include the comments on my website. Helps the ego if nothing else :)