new painting

You're very talented and I like your work. I appreciate that it took years of practice to get that good. I studied art / artist / drawing / painting / sculpting - pretty seriously between the ages of 14 - 18. Then I joined the AF moved to Japan and discovered I liked Japanese women more then studying / practicing art.

I think I liked the first one best. Not to say this one is bad. Just liked the first one better.

That seems to be the general take. Summer and color, winter and cool grays......folks like summer and color. It's much more active and punchy.

The cool gray thing was complicated, though. It's hard differentiating stuff when everything is, more or less, the same color.

Thanx, because that's what made it all work. The sky is (approximately) 20 or more extremely thin layers of color; 2 different blues, 2 yellows, a violet, and 3 reds, all laid on in different patterns.

It's called glazing; it doesn't come through in the pic as well as it does in person.

Yeah, didn't get the initials on it yet.

Yes, each layer dries completely before the next. Each successive layer filters the light through it's pigments creating a glow which bounces off the white paper underneath. It's the basis for transparent watercolor effects.

• 1 month later...

Reminds me of that Chinese garden up in Vancouver. After visiting that place, I had the thought that it would be uber cool to be able to construct a house in the middle of a lot that was completely a water feature.

Have the foundation extend about a foot above the surface of the water and have the floor platform extend out over the water so you get a sense of being suspended. Bedrooms all open out to small balconies over the water. Garage on the back, remote activated gate opens as you approach and a ramp below the water surfaces so you can cross the pond and park in the garage. Ramp re-submerges - gate closes. No lawn mowing. Fish feeding and cleaning but no mowing.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Good stuff. I been painting since I was a kid and minored in art history at school.

I'll have to post some if I can find them. Lately been sticking to photography. He's a link to some of my stuff.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28813695@N08/

If you paint in watercolor, make sure to buy a copy of The Helga Pictures by Andrew Wyeth, perhaps the best watercolor / egg tempera painter ever!

Reminds me of that Chinese garden up in Vancouver. After visiting that place, I had the thought that it would be uber cool to be able to construct a house in the middle of a lot that was completely a water feature.

Have the foundation extend about a foot above the surface of the water and have the floor platform extend out over the water so you get a sense of being suspended. Bedrooms all open out to small balconies over the water. Garage on the back, remote activated gate opens as you approach and a ramp below the water surfaces so you can cross the pond and park in the garage. Ramp re-submerges - gate closes. No lawn mowing. Fish feeding and cleaning but no mowing.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Where do we put the garden, and what about chuckin' the Friz' for Rover?

Although, no mowing is highly attractive....