telescoping ladder

John Dirks Jr

Kurt,

I was more than willing to take shots and defend. If I can't handle a-holes in here, how would I do it out there? BTW, I handle them on a regular basis.

I'm not ashamed to be a mailman. It's my staple. It's one of the things that makes me a good home inspector. It keeps me fed and keeps me from having to cuddle up to realtors like a toadie.

Your job keeps you fit, but it is hard on the knees and feet, I'd imagine.

I am still a Telesteps user indoors because I was lucky and got a good one. The X&C is heavy to carry and slow to setup and fold in comparison.

Why I like the Tele is this - I set it against the wall with 8 or 9 rungs extended, climb up two rungs, set the hatch aside, push out from the wall with one hand, pull two more rungs out up into the attic hatch, climb in. Coming down, push out, collapse two rungs, close the hatch, climb down. To fold it release the two bottom catches and the ladder folds up. Fast and light.

Kurt,

I was more than willing to take shots and defend. If I can't handle a-holes in here, how would I do it out there? BTW, I handle them on a regular basis.

I'm not ashamed to be a mailman. It's my staple. It's one of the things that makes me a good home inspector. It keeps me fed and keeps me from having to cuddle up to realtors like a toadie.

You know the NAR has a "green" designation.

Click to Enlarge
20146241620_toadie.bmp

177.88 KB

Your job keeps you fit, but it is hard on the knees and feet, I'd imagine.

Having physical activity as part of your obligatory duties is a good thing.

If I had a mail delivery job on the side I probably wouldn't need to be running 3 miles a couple or three times a week to keep the Alzheimer's away.

Marc

Are you sure running is working at keeping it away?

Absolutely. Haven't seen a doc, taken any meds. Only other thing I've done is reduced my meat intake to about 20% of what it used to be.

If I hadn't started running 4 yrs ago, I'm certain I wouldn't be able to work right now.

I don't have the memory I had 20 years ago but it's much improved over 4 years ago.

It's anecdotal, of course.

Marc

The Pledge works on all moving aluminum parts and most metals so it's good for the Little Giant, the Werners, any extension ladders that are getting hard to extend or retract, but it does make stuff super slippery - don't get it on the rungs or you will find your feet slipping.

Thanks for the offer Charlie. Through the generosity of a loved family member, the birthday ferry will be dropping a 785P in my driveway in a few days.

Not to be a grammar Nazi or anything, but unless you are literally expecting a boat to drop off a ladder, then you are awaiting a visit from the birthday fairy, not ferry. But seriously, I had a Telesteps fail on me several years ago. I switched to the 15'6" Xtend N Climb and haven't looked back. It's far better. Just don't get it damp or it won't shorten properly.

When you want to pull the Extend and Climb up onto the roof to set it for another transition to an upper roof, how does it work if it's not fully extended and you try to pull it up? Will it extend to the max and then you finish pulling it up or do you try and use foresight by tying off the un-extend parts before you climb to the first level?

At 6-2 and 240-250 lbsl I cannot trust the telescoping ladders and have a small little giant i carry up to a second floor roof or thru a window to a second floor roof or use for interior scuttle holes, i am seriously looking at the Drones.

They're probably not strong enough to lift you yet.

At 6-2 and 240-250 lbsl I cannot trust the telescoping ladders and have a small little giant i carry up to a second floor roof or thru a window to a second floor roof or use for interior scuttle holes, i am seriously looking at the Drones.

They're probably not strong enough to lift you yet.

[:)] Air Crane. Google it.

The thought of pulling a telescoping ladder up from the ground scares me a bit. If it collapses on you up there, you will get no help until the firemen arrive.

I will use the folding ladder for the first floor and pack the Tele under my arm.

I had a funny response to the Alzheimers question, but I forget what it was. [:)]

Anyone rest the hubs of the Tele on the gutter edge to help prevent feet kick out?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014630231947_P1090717.jpg

60.62 KB

yes & also use v-grip clamp so ladder stays there until i get back to it...windy days & rough neighborhoods

Click to Enlarge
tn_20147175255_DSC00001.jpg

31.53 KB