Dating a Sears furnace

drw

Does anyone know how to translate a Sears furnace serial # to find out a date of manufacture?

As I understand it, Sears furnaces are not always built by the same manufacturer. The one I am interested in has a serial # H 93050209 and a manufacturer # 605418.

Thanks in advance.

GARY...funny that you mentioned that (zipper head) me too, I spent 20 years there as a fire / safety , code inspector....left there went to a two year HVAC school, and two years at BCC (electrical engineering)...now a technical troubleshooter for a very large HVAC / R wholesale company in NY, solving service related issues on boilers, furnaces, and AC systems all over NY and into PA....thanks for saying Hi....Ken

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Chad Fabry

Kelvinator....G6A030708521 is the serial... I figure that to be a 1998?

I'm curious to know how you came up with 1998?

Kelvinator is made by Nordyne. That'd make your unit from July of '03.

The serial numbers run, G6AYYMM

-Jim Katen, Oregon

• 1 month later...

KEnmore Furnace Model 867.769224

Serial Number: H611 39071

This one really has me stumped. It's a 90% efficient according to the panel. It's really a mid efficiency unit since the combustion air is drawn from the inside of the home and is exhausted out via a PVC duct. I'm just trying to get an age of it since the seller of the property claims it's new.

Thanks!

• 11 months later...
Originally posted by drw

Does anyone know how to translate a Sears furnace serial # to find out a date of manufacture?

As I understand it, Sears furnaces are not always built by the same manufacturer. The one I am interested in has a serial # H 93050209 and a manufacturer # 605418.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by drw

Thanks in advance.

Here's the clue... H is the month of manufacture. The next two digits is the year of manufacture.

Originally posted by Erby

Just what I need to do.

Hang out with a bunch of whack jobs dating furnaces and claiming "my furnace is hotter than your furnace"!

What will y'all be dating next???

Probably water heaters!

Did that last year. Now I am going out with freezers. They are so cold.[:-paperba[;)]