The strangest whatzit I've ever seen - What is it?

It looks like somebody puked-up a bad, yarn-decorated hippie hat from the 60's. Yecchhhh![:-yuck][:-sour]

Somebody should keep an eye on Joe. A thing might burst out of his chest in a week or two. [:-alien]

Brian G.

You've Never Seen It All in This Business, There's Always More [;)]

Fugu Chef is a Philadelphia, PA punk band founded in May of 2008.
Coincidence?

Actually, I do have a second guess (although the first was brilliant enough [:-party]). It looks eerily similar to some photos of bacteria in my wife's microbiolgy texts.

With Three Mile Island only about 100 miles away from Nazareth, it could also be a giant mutated amoeba from the cooling ponds there. Possibly dropped by a two-headed heron with six legs.

Gee, I'm glad there's a consensus of opinion as to what it is.[:-boggled

I'm going with the Koosh Ball explanation (I had to Google it). Contemplating any other scenario scares the crap out of me, and I'm not even a science fiction fan.

I didn't mention it to the buyer yesterday. I'm just finishing the report and it's not going into it.

I'm going to try to forget all about seeing this thing. I just hope it doesn't come back to me in a nightmare.

Now if only the noises and movement that I feel in my chest would go away ........... [:-alien]

Huh,

If it were a ball, wouldn't it have rolled off the roof and ended up in the gutter or on the ground? [:-magnify

Pretty gross looking though. It's probably not extra-terrestrial; looks like what I'd imagine the afterbirth of a demon - maybe a succubus - might look like. [:-jump]

Better start wearing some garlic; you're probably marked now. [:-devil]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Huh,

If it were a ball, wouldn't it have rolled off the roof and ended up in the gutter or on the ground? [:-magnify

Better start wearing some garlic; you're probably marked now. [:-devil]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I agree it would roll off the roof. The garlic is a good idea.

It is a flying pet belonging to one of the people under the stairs.

So Joe, you didn't mention it to your client? Why not? I would have told him and showed him the photo. He might want to get that....*whatever it is* off of his shingles (with a stick or a shovel, for sure). Total disclosure, my brother.

Brian G.

Damn That Looks Nasty [:-blindfo

Originally posted by Brian G

So Joe, you didn't mention it to your client? Why not? I would have told him and showed him the photo. He might want to get that....*whatever it is* off of his shingles (with a stick or a shovel, for sure). Total disclosure, my brother.

Brian G.

Damn That Looks Nasty [:-blindfo

I was afraid somebody was going to call me on that. It can't be seen from the ground. The only person at the inspection was the wife with a newborn. She wasn't too interested in the process and left pretty early into the inspection, saying her husband would read the report. I didn't mention it to her, figuring when I find out what it is, I'll put it in the report, but that didn't happen.

To be honest, I just don't know what to write about an unidentified blob or what course of action they should take take (consult a certified blobologist to identify it?). It doesn't seem to be affecting the shingles where it is touching them.

Yeah, I know, I ought to have told them.

Originally posted by Bill Kibble

Looking beyond the thing... what be the slope o'that roof?

Not much- 4/12, maybe 5/12.

Yeah, I know the chimney is low.

Image Insert:

2008624202212_roof.jpg

115.06 KB

Okay, five lashes with a wet noodle and don't let it happen again. [:D]

What was the attic like? It looks reeaaaalllly shallow in that last photo. Don't you wish they all used a medium pitch? Not steep enough to make you fear for your safety, but steep enough to have plenty of room in the attic. [:-thumbu]

Brian G.

Never Gonna Happen [:-weepn]

Originally posted by Brian G

What was the attic like? It looks reeaaaalllly shallow in that last photo. Don't you wish they all used a medium pitch? Not steep enough to make you fear for your safety, but steep enough to have plenty of room in the attic. [:-thumbu]

Brian G.

Never Gonna Happen [:-weepn]

There was no attic to speak of. This was a cape cod that was expanded to a two story. The second floor had a cathedral ceiling up to a flat ceiling at the collar ties. It's a good thing the roof wasn't steeper, because there were no rafter ties to keep the top of the walls from being pushed out. I hope an honest to goodness architect designed it, because the roofing, siding and interior finishes looked like it was done by beer drinkin' buddies on weekends.

Even though that roof had a really shallow pitch, I still couldn't get up the nerve to look down this chimney:

Image Insert:

200862421376_chimney.jpg

124.23 KB

I gotta turn this computer off for good. It's 8:40 pm. My wife and I are leaving for a camping vacation in Lenox MA at 7 am and I haven't begun to even think about getting the stuff together, let alone finding it and packing it in the van.

Gotta find all this stuff tonight. Where's the coffee????

There was no attic to speak of. This was a cape cod that was expanded to a two story. The second floor had a cathedral ceiling up to a flat ceiling at the collar ties. It's a good thing the roof wasn't steeper, because there were no rafter ties to keep the top of the walls from being pushed out. I hope an honest to goodness architect designed it, because the roofing, siding and interior finishes looked like it was done by beer drinkin' buddies on weekends.

Could there have been a structural ridge beam that was not visible, instead of the rafter ties?

Originally posted by Richard Moore

Image Insert:

200862423045_puffer.jpg

36.57 KB

Bad pufferfish flushed by a fugu chef on Daisuke Matsuzaka's private plane while flying over PA on his way back to Fenway Park.

Easy! Next!

No More Fugu! My vote is for some sort of melted toy. Those ain't worms, but they sure is nasty looken.

Looks like something from another world to me. Have you contracted NASA yet? Give me the address and I'll do it for you!

Seriously, I think that it was an orange Koosh Ball (the very soft plastic balls with all of the tentacles) that someone threw up there and due to the low slope and the softness of the ball, it never rolled off. Add the heat of the sun against the reasonably dark shingles and you have an orange glob.