Jump to content

Sink Thingy

Jerry Simon

Recommended Posts

This has been asked before, but I forgets...

What is this thing on the countertop in front of the kitchen sink? It has a tube that runs to the trap beneath the sink.

What Charlie said. It's a control for the stopper. Turn it one way, and the water flows out of the sink. Turn it the other way, and the water stays in the sink.

That way you don't have to reach down into the yucky sink water to pull the stopper.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is that it was placed at the front of the sink because someone very short or in a wheelchair uses that sink and shares it with someone too tall to be comfortable with lower more accessible counters. Accessible cabinetry has come a long way, but it is still not the most stylish stuff out there, and the best accessible design takes all of the occupants' needs into consideration.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...