Bubba installed a new front door lock!

AHI in AR

Newly installed lock on 14 year old home.

Really, now...

Wouldn't you think that the installer would at least check the lock for proper operation after installing it?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011116201525_HPIM6163.jpg

29.86?KB

I see that done occasionally on kids' rooms. That way, the little shits can't lock themselves in the room.

Originally posted by AHI in AR

This was the front door. You had to twist the knob or squeeze the handle outside to close the door.

So?

Look at the latch...it was put in backwards and will hit the strike plate/jamb with the flat side -- not the angled one -- when you try to close the door. In other words, you can't simply push or pull the door closed like you should be able to.

Just switch it out with the one on the back door and it'll be facing the right way.

The one on the back door faces the same way![:-weepn]

They'll need to go to the hardware store and get a left hand latch instead ;)

A similar story; Two blondes installing siding, their blonde boss shows up and sees a pile of discarded nails. The boss asked "What's with the pile of nails?" One of the installers replied "Those had the points on the wrong end!" The boss then stated "Don't throw them away, those are for the other side of the house."

It could happen.

• 5 months later...

This post made me chuckle. I believe a left handed door latch would do the trick, but if that doesn't work change it out with the back door doorknob. Also be sure to post pictures to this thread, so we know that your doing it right ;).

You're kidding, right? Doorknobs are reversible.

Marc