Stinger-holster or ring

John Dirks Jr

$22 bucks, plus shipping, seems a little much for a flashlight accessory. Go to a military surplus store. They should have a bunch of options you can try out, and you can decide which you like. Chances are, you'll change your mind in 6 months anyway.

I actually have two belt rings. One for my work pants, the other is on my coveralls. I just didn't like taking my belt off and putting it back on when doing crawl spaces. It's also a lot less cumbersome when crawling around in tight spaces. I know most people just keep the flashlight in their hand, but the Stinger battery tends to die when I least expect it, so I always go in with two flashlights.

Originally posted by sepefrio

the Stinger battery tends to die when I least expect it, so I always go in with two flashlights.

The Stinger and UltraStinger run times suck. I'd have to have 4-5 to complete the easiest inspections.

Oh yeah, we're all belt ring guys in our camp.

I guess I must not use my Ultra Stinger right, I have only had the battery run down a couple of times over the past eight or so years I have used one. It has about an hour and a half of continuous on-time. Then when I'm done it is on to the recharger in my truck and when I get home it goes on the charger in the house. Still just as every good Boy Scout should do I keep a back-up light in my tool bag. Actually I have a couple of back-up lights when you count my headlamp light.

Oh, and I use my pockets for the flashlight or a ring that I have attached to a carabiner that then clips to my belt.