I'm Ready!

Whilst others may post photos of junky saws, old snowblowers and misc other treasures, I am posting a photo of my favorite winter partner. 1967 Montgomery Ward model with original rear tires and chains. As far as I know it has the original crankcase oil. I have never changed it and I have owned it for approx 20yrs. I remember adding a qt a couple of years ago.

I just plowed 8+ inches of snow from my 500' driveway. Later this evening I may go down to the Interstate and see if they need help.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20111141881_DSCF3002.jpg

53.86 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201111418942_DSCF3004.jpg

55.71 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201111418110_DSCF3006.jpg

35.99 KB

I think that was from 2008 or 2009, Bill.

I envy you. It's got to be so much better being there. I want to see it in person but so far haven't managed to. I used to go to the Farm Show every year, but the past decade, it's been every other year at best. It's changed so much (not for the better) since I started going with my ag class back in the mid 70's.

They had the square dancing today. I just watched the rerun on PCN. I couldn't imagine doing that in my wildest dreams.

Whilst others may post photos of junky saws, old snowblowers and misc other treasures, I am posting a photo of my favorite winter partner. 1967 Montgomery Ward model with original rear tires and chains. As far as I know it has the original crankcase oil. I have never changed it and I have owned it for approx 20yrs. I remember adding a qt a couple of years ago.

I just plowed 8+ inches of snow from my 500' driveway. Later this evening I may go down to the Interstate and see if they need help.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20111141881_DSCF3002.jpg

53.86 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201111418942_DSCF3004.jpg

55.71 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201111418110_DSCF3006.jpg

35.99 KB

There you go! How many hoss is that little plow? I tell folks "get the hugest snowblower or plow you can afford'.. 5hp Snowblower is not enough up here John Dirks.. :) The street plow 'wall' is what you need to gauge your machine for.. I got 19" the other day... the 'wall' at the street (5-6 times) was over 3' high.. My little dinky 7HP Toro 'did it' but does not satisfy. This inspector is in the market for MacHuge this summer for next winter.. Gotta love the 'wall'..

Les, That's an awesome tractor but you know those ag tires aren't original and my bet is you have a little candlelight and some chardonnay as part of the bi-annual oil changing and greasing ritual performed only after researching the best lubricants.

I had the Gilson equivalent to that work horse and it was the most eager garden tractor I ever owned- it pulled my 1200# roller over spring time lawn that was so wet there was a wave of water urged out of the soil - it was an earthworm doomsday.

Funny. While visiting the wifes family just a few miles north of you Les, the conversation with a retired teacher came up. He said he was sick of the snow and couldn't wait to move south. I asked him where he wanted to go? His reply was funny. "Doesn't matter. I'll throw a snowblower in the back of my truck and head south. First time someone asked me what it is, that's my new home town." LOL.

There you go! How many hoss is that little plow? I tell folks "get the hugest snowblower or plow you can afford'.. 5hp Snowblower is not enough up here John Dirks.. :) The street plow 'wall' is what you need to gauge your machine for.. I got 19" the other day... the 'wall' at the street (5-6 times) was over 3' high.. My little dinky 7HP Toro 'did it' but does not satisfy. This inspector is in the market for MacHuge this summer for next winter.. Gotta love the 'wall'..

My snow scraper is a piece of plywood screwed to an old garden hoe. But I have to play in the rain. [:(]

Now since you brought up the subject of more power for your snowblower, I've got to post this pic. If you ask me, it needs a bucket seat with a cupholder.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201111513115_bigblock_snowblower_2.jpg

39.48 KB