First complaint-- arghhhh.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone had turned off the breaker and valve to the dishwasher. It's working fine now.

The "major" issue with the fridge was quite interesting. My client had removed the water line that runs to the fridge and replaced it during his remodel. He then re- used the line at his old house; there was an issue with the recycled line, and he flooded the kitchen in the old house.

Someone had turned off the breaker and valve to the dishwasher. It's working fine now.

The "major" issue with the fridge was quite interesting. My client had removed the water line that runs to the fridge and replaced it during his remodel. He then re- used the line at his old house; there was an issue with the recycled line, and he flooded the kitchen in the old house.

Ha! That's great. What a dumbass.

May all of your future complaints be resolved this easily.

May all of your future complaints be resolved this easily.

I appreciate the well wishes. I hope all of our complaints can be resolved as easily.

Who said it's resolved? The clients still say you're a dickhead for, well for whatever it was you missed. They know you missed it and even if they never find it, they'll tell all their friends you're a dickhead.

Who said it's resolved? The clients still say you're a dickhead for, well for whatever it was you missed. They know you missed it and even if they never find it, they'll tell all their friends you're a dickhead.
'

You could be right, but I believe he was credited about 50k after my inspection. My contact with him since the first 2 e- mails has been positive, possibly because he is requesting I do a re- inspection once he has stuff fixed up.

After I'd left another house, the seal or the water-valve solenoid failed in a dishwasher and leaked a couple of gallons of water on wood laminate flooring. I won't bore you with the details, but that one got contentious and one more person in the world hates my guts.

I had the same experience (with the same results).

Brandon,

That client would never see me, or mine, again.

You did the right thing, now don't invite more grief!

Hi Les,

I thought that too, but........

Word has it that this client is sue happy, and has threatened to sue multiple people during recent transactions. My concern is that if I suddenly tick him off and refuse to do the re- inspect, that he will suddenly find something else and start a complaint process all over again.

Also, in my contract I specifically indicate that re- inspections are an option at x fee. Am I contractually obligated to perform a re- inspection since it's in my inspection agreement?

Also, in my contract I specifically indicate that re- inspections are an option at x fee. Am I contractually obligated to perform a re- inspection since it's in my inspection agreement?

Depends on how that option is worded in the contract. A battle in the courtroom can end up getting focused all on one single word.

Marc

It's a 2 week flue too.

[:-thumbu]

I may be ditching the ranks soon anyways, or may just go to part time. I've just received a job offer that is tough to refuse-- still pondering.

That will be a loss- you're bright and eager. Congratulations?

Agree with what Chad noted ... best of luck in the consideration and ultimate decision.

I can't even get an offer from WalMart, Sams or the big boxes. Too old and stubborn I guess. Not to forget more than slightly opinionated !!!

That will be a loss- you're bright and eager. Congratulations?

I appreciate the kind words, but I've slowly become more and more jaded, and have been pondering a move for a couple of years now.

Assuming I take the job, I'll probably do a couple of inspections every other weekend or so, at least for a while, but............ I'll be able to pick and choose.