Moronic lack of communication between trades!

Erby

It all goes back to the designer/Architect, not detailing their drawings.

The tradesmen are there at different times, and while they may see things to interpret, they don't see things the way WE do.

Hind site is easy.

That's why I always blame it on the biggest hind.

The BROKER[:-bigeyes HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You kinda wonder who was here first, but you gotta figure it was the dryer duct guy first. How else would he have room to shove the duct vent through the wall.

Who knows for sure though!

I assume the house and compressor unit are the same age. Regardless, the HVAC dude is a wad for not remotely following compressor clearances to walls.

You kinda wonder who was here first, but you gotta figure it was the dryer duct guy first. How else would he have room to shove the duct vent through the wall.

I assume the house and compressor unit are the same age. Regardless, the HVAC dude is a wad for not remotely following compressor clearances to walls.

Any idea what that clearance is supposed to be? Never heard of it before though it makes sense.

Marc

Any idea what that clearance is supposed to be? Never heard of it before though it makes sense.

Marc

Typically its the manufacturer that recommends 18-inches.

Nolan K.

Marc

Typically its the manufacturer that recommends 18-inches.

Nolan K.

And at least one manufacturer says 5' clearance above. Hence, the no under deck caveat.

• 2 weeks later...

One more vote here for probable original design issues based upon it all looking new.

I testified against an architect in the past who built a small church. The full finished basement was not-usable because of HVAC and sprinkler lines could not be installed because not enough clearance in the hallways. Of course, the basement is split level and he also didn't account for all the water that came through the wall and caused black mold throughout.

He took this small church for $300,000 and left them with a usable main floor only.

On the other hand, my primary reason for doing inspection instead of construction (I was an electrical design builder for 13 years and grew up doing construction) is that trades no longer look out for each other. When I was a kid, the sheetrocker wouldn't cover up the electrical, etc.. These days, people put it where they are told and if they know it is wrong, they dont care and just do it because they aren't paid to do it any other way.

Cheers

The designer, if there was one, may have specified where the refrigerant lines exited the wall but I doubt he specified a precise location for the unit. Wouldn't have been any more effort to have set the unit three or four feet further to the rear, away from the dryer vent and the AC Disconnect.

For me, this one is just an HVAC tech not paying attention.

• 5 weeks later...